Saturday, July 19, 2008

Another quick summary of the weeks events:

Vendredi, le juillet 11
Crystals Castles was basically a melange of human sweat and electro thrash. Alice Glass looks like a zombie and at one point J was nice enough to push me right into her when she decided to crowd surf. Hah. Almost almost. Kev Kev came in for the show from Kingston and it was nice to see him again. After-show events are left undocumented because my camera was temporarily out of order so no awesome pictures of all of us eating FILET O FISHES! (well, just J and I). Boo. That and I probably looked like a bag of garbage. Who wants to see that? J, like no other, drove us home, which I was suuper thankful for, because the metro closes at 12am. He's like the most humble person I know and Emily has decided that he is like her grandpa. So true. Haha.
I went to the pomme-pomme craft fair on the weekend at La Sala Rosa. So awesome. It reminded me of the "ain't your grandma's craft sale" in winnipeg (which was probably a knock-off of the fair in Ottawa) I picked up a few things, some posters, a silkscreened tee and a Supayana top. Something that I've been meaning to buy for a long time now. Periodically I check her blog/ebay/etsy store and pretty much want everything I see. I met her too, which was kind of weird. I basically felt like I was telling her I was her biggest fan. Oh the internets. I hope there is another craft sale before I leave. There were a lot of things I wanted to pick up but I didn't get a chance to go back. Dimanche, le 13 juillet
Sunday morning (more like afternoon) was welcomed with a hearty breakfast at Eggspectations. I think everyone has decided that every sunday we're having breakfast there. It has been established. I've already decided what I'm going to order for tomorrow. :) This sunday, I think it is safe to assume that discussion will be on Elaine's liaison with the infamous "Felippe". Dorm room GOSSSSIP. Hey-o! jeudi, le 17 juillet
The afternoon was spent shopping on Mont-Royal, and eating more waffles at G Point. This time I took pictures. Look at that sweet goodness. I also stopped in a Cupcake shop called Petite Gateaux. Last nights pre-game party on floor 17. Sociables. google it.
And finally...At one point in the week I was down St. Denis where Juste pour rire was. There were some cooky things going on, such as these two men with vegetable/fruit babies.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

humble... grandpa? im a muthafuckin OG gangsta!

ok maybe not...

just remember all this when i come down to winnipeg (if i ever do... zing!). im expectin rides, beer and foooooood.

Anonymous said...

mmmm --- eggspectations!

hope the hmb's aren't bothering you as much.

:)

emily said...

J, not to worry, my grandpa is pretty B.A. He likes to bust out the 50s and throw them around. No big deal. The only con is he buys his vegetables at giant tiger. what?

kay-el said...

I am determined to wreak Winnipeg if/when I come visit.