Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I guess..

Persimmons, the "underrated treat in a tomato costume". According to our good friend Wikipedia, these little babies are true berries in definition and come in acorn, pumpkin and spherical shapes. They also have chemical and medicinal purposes, like all good things. I also looked up the word 'fruit' up on my dictionary widget, and there it was in all its glory, Persimmon in the P section of those that were listed. So yes, yes persimmons are fruits indeed. This leads me to my afternoon events: I went to Young's Trading (which by the way I love Asian markets, so many bizarre foods) today and spotted a nice cardboard box full of them. I decided that it was time to find out what all the fuss was about, so I bought two. Two because, what if I really really enjoyed this tomato disguised treat and wanted another one? Not one, because one would look stupid to buy. Two looks more meaningful. Anyway, I thought it was going to taste super sour and for some reason I thought there was going to be this massive brown seed in the middle, but I was wrong in my assumption. It was kind of sweet but bland. I guess it was ok. Kind of dry too. They look better as decoration. So, does anyone want a free persimmon? It's free!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll have your persimmons they're so delicious! i remember when i was a kid and they were in season, my parents would bring bags home...b/c they were on sale...yum!