Monday, October 27, 2008

what goes bump in the night.


Currently there is a bottle of holy water sitting on the coffee table, and every time I walk by to get to the kitchen I am drawn to look at it, more like forced. It looks so ominous, that translucent liquid in that opaque plastic bottle. Who put it there? What is it for? My dad brought it from the Philippines, my thoughts. It's giving me the heebie jeebies. Maybe its purpose is to repel bloodthirsty creatures of the night. A good idea for all hallows eve. (good thinking dad, good thinking) or maybe...... my dad has come to the belief that I have turned into a wicked wicked wench full of debauchery and demonic will, and he is purposely (and in secret) trying to sabotage my growing lust for sin and evil, so now he thinks I need guidance and this is the only way. The only way to make me pure again, by stealthily placing drops of holy water into my beverages. Hmmm. This could be a possibility.



Maybe its this image I keep getting my head from the movie Omen involving holy water, maybe that's the association. Was there even a scene with holy water or am I making that up? No matter, it still creeps me out. When I think holy water I never think good things like unicorns, butterflies and rainbows. I think, vampires, burning skin, and evil pure pure evil. So it's suppose to cast away the such, what does Wikipedia have to say about it (taking a moment to read up on it..... and..), baptisms, sacraments, oh neat, proper disposal. Anyway, thanks Hollywood, for giving me bad dreams. Thanks for that.

8 comments:

JAYNEMARiE said...

This is by far my favorite blog! hahaha. Holy Water. It's so intriguing in such a way that brings up so many different questions.

But, I have a question. How do you know it's holy water? Is labeled, "Holy Water"? Did your dad tell you it's holy water? And if he did, then why didn't you ask him what it's for. Because now you're plagued with all these thoughts as to why it's there and you're trying to blame Holywood. If you didn't ask, how will you know? I must conclude that you brought this on yourself, Kim.

MUahahahaha!!!

Sweet Dreams!

-Jayne

Anonymous said...

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU.

Hey, at least you're not burning... yet.

Anonymous said...

Yay Hollywood! "Saw" marathon ANYONE?!!

Anonymous said...

PS. We still have to find the movie with the talking pizza. Now THAT'S scary! Don't you remember? Bloody showers, a talking pizza and a home made wheelchair?!!!

kimmy said...

What? homemade wheelchair, now I think you're making THAT up. Talking Pizza, you're crazy.

Anonymous said...

House. 1986.

emily said...

i could probably use some of that stuff. i wonder if it would sizzle when it hits my skin.

ridinggiraffes said...

My mom once had a vile of holy water. It sat in our cupboard for a number of years. I'm not really sure what ever happened to it, but now i'm inclined to believe she too put it in my beverages. Obviously it didn't work, because i'm still an unpure and unholy.